Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WHAT'S GOING ON NOW??? DAY 8

I got up early to shower and get ready to see the new Wizard. Jane my wife and I got into the car and headed out. My destination was the City of Hope in Ca. Thankful this institution is so close and that one of the top creditable Hospitals for Cancer Research is so close just about forty five minutes away. The one thing I was dreading was to go back to an Oncology Department in any hospital.

The O Dept. in any hospital is such a depressing place. Cancer knows no lines of color, race or gender. It robs the lives of so many and causes such pain to not only the patient but the loved ones in their lives. I remember now vividly how my dad was and now know how he must of felt. What I disliked most is with chemotherapy and radiation therapy you have to go to this place of such sadness regularly. Enough about this…

I saw the Doc who is young but very knowledgeable and kind to say the least. Dr. P I liked immediately and He explained my options and expressed because of the situation with my leg surgery is needed first. Well I wasn’t ready for this to say the least. One thing I dreaded was the chemo and radiation which in my kind of cancer isn’t used …thank God. I will take a pill and not have to travel to the hospital every day which I am so grateful for.

So what did God do toady?... He gave me a pass on the chemo and he wants my leg fixed which to me sounds like he may need me around for a wile even if they experts say I have at most 2 good years to live. So with my nihilistic faith I know the Lords in control and no man knows the day. So again my faith as the Vertical Man is strengthened and even in my greatest fears God made my path easier and showed me his Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment