Friday, August 14, 2009

Sometimes You Can Feel So Alone.


Sometimes you can feel so alone. Ever since the first time I was told about this witch I have felt so alone inside. I think looking into night is when it gets to be the worst. As a person I am a very social being. I enjoy the company of others and the interaction of Godly thoughts. But ever since people around me found out I had cancer people slowly have moved on. Here in L.A. people are so different then NY. I know that life goes on and people go their way. It still doesn’t change the fact that most relationships are more superficial here in L,A, because so many here are so transient.

Don’t get me wrong, I like my alone time too. I realize if I was to live in this conviction I would be called to be set apart. Most people like when you’re on their level or less when they fellowship with you. But start to profess your faith or even worse show them your consecration to God they will flee and run for their lives. The Vertical Man has no choices. He is a being who has given his life and has no ownership to it anymore. He cannot fellowship with evil and he becomes more and more set apart as he becomes more Christ like.

I remember when we first started bible study in my home I was teaching on the book of Romans. All was well till the people started to be pressed in their convictions from hearing the word. I would say don’t attack me I didn’t write the book I’m just the messenger. And even when we started the first church how people turned when gently pressed to raise a standard in their lives. Attracts and backbiting were the order of the day. Try it, bring you gifts that God has put in you to light and watch how some will run and hide.

The word exposes the sin and what falls short in your life. My point is you can not be moved because others will not give their life to the Lord and appease them. Think like a Vertical Man and look into their eyes and see where they will be after death if they don’t accept their savior. That to me is a greater fear to know that for all eternity they will be separated for God.

Even though I am in LA for 12 years almost, I still feel so alone here. I am a traveler who has to cross this desert, so parched that any water of the Spirit is sucked into its crevasses once it meets this barren land of spiritual death and compromise. Neil diamond has sung a song which for me says it all here. I’m that N.Y.C. man in L.A. all alone I came from a place of a flood in the Spirit to here in LA a vast dust bowl of humanities pain and sorrow… JIM

I AM... I SAID Written by Neil Diamond

L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time And the feeling is 'lay back'

Palm trees grow, and rents are low But you know I keep thinkin' aboutMaking my way back

Well I'm New York City born and raised But nowadays, I'm lost between two shores

L.A.'s fine, but it ain't home New York's home, but it ain't mine no more

"I am," I said To no one there An no one heard at all Not even the chair" I am," I cried"

I am," said I And I am lost, and I can't even say why

Leavin' me lonely still
1971 Prophet Music, Inc. (ASCAP)

No comments:

Post a Comment