Friday, August 14, 2009

OLD AGE IS A CRUEL JOKE.

Old age is a cruel joke. It creeps up on you. Your brain says you're 18 and your body says you're 102 yrs old. And you’re really only 40. Everyone has aches and pains as they get older. It must be a right of passage to complain about them… LOL With all the clicking a clanking I do I wonder how it all holds together. As you get older you body decreases and your spirit increases. A maturity in body means you’re going to be able to do less and in the spirit maturity means you’ll see and do so much more.

I’m learning that with this situation I have to maintain my strength in the natural as well as the Spirit. I don’t know what will be tomorrow or even at this point is there a tomorrow. The only thing I know that no man holds his own life in his hands only God knows the day and time when this all ends.

I’m ready for anything I guess at this point but I just do want to wane, one whose life is prolonged and becomes a burden on the ones he loves around him. I live through this with my father and others and you get to feel so useless as a person at one point. I just ask God when its time its time and I’ll make my way to the unknown. Just don’t let me be a burden on others.

I’m trying to prepare all I can now so nothing is left undone on that day. It is inevitable that that day will come so why not be ready? To some it seems morbid but to someone like me who never wanted a sugar coated life it fits me well. I’m kind of in a limbo with the operation and the rest, everyone is away on vacation and I have to wait for them to return. In a way it is good for me to have a time to think and rest. Everyday is a blessing and I am learning more through it… JIM

No comments:

Post a Comment