Saturday, August 8, 2009

I WILL NOT GO QUIET INTO THE NIGHT!!! DAY 10

Today it started to hit me that sometimes you can chase after something and never grasp it in your hands. A funny thing about the horizon is you would think at one point if you faced it, and started to walk towards it, at one point you would reach its edge and the journey would be over. As most things in life it’s an illusion of our senses and the faster you approach it the faster it alludes you.

I can’t even imagine the bravery of the men who first set sail in their wooded sailing vessels setting course for the new world. The opinion of the day was the earth was flat and the other side of the horizon was the edge of the world where if you past this line of defining you would fall off the earth in too the vastness of the heavens.

What did Columbus and others feel looking at this line ahead in the night and wondering “what if I’m wrong”? I’m sure in the fog and night it would mostly plague fear upon the hearts of these brave souls. Thank God these men were imparted with a greater vision then the one of the day.

I kind of feel the same way with the cancer in my body. They gave me a time line not unlike a horizon given to the men of old. This line has no real basis of truth except observation. Only God has the power to say this journey is over. So what I am seeking and believing is there is something so new and wonderful past that horizon they set for me. If I believe their opinions as gospel truth the end seems very near and grim. So once again my “Vertical Man” Kicks in stands firm in his beliefs and looks towards the heavens for his guidance and inspirations.

I will not go quiet and dossal like a lamb into the night as it could be said, but go as a soldier ablaze in Gods Army. Bring Strong in faith, proud of my calling and ever ready with His guidance and preparation for the battles ahead. For if it is just me and the Lord on this field of battle who can come against us…No devil in hell is safe from a Dead Man a blaze with the fire of God because he has nothing to loose. Lord can these bones live? Only you know Lord…. Not my will but thy will be done….

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jim and am praying for you and if there is anything else I can do just ask.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete